# Thanks to all my listeners for an incredible first year! #
Ryan Michler is the host and founder of the Order of Man podcast and movement, and one of my greatest teachers in the Renaissance of Men.
From him I’ve learned about podcasting, consistency, and high achievement. But I’ve also found that he’s one of the deepest and most nuanced thinkers and doers about masculinity, from the jiu jitsu mats to canoe building, fatherhood and hunting.
In our conversation we discussed:
- The importance of failure, and how nobody cares about you
- A perspective on real hardship, and how not to take the luxury we live in for granted
- How to enjoy the process over the goal
- Relating to your emotions as a man, through actions instead of talking
- The poverty of the zero f's mentality
- Capitalism, and the subjective value of goods
- Ryan's take on toxic masculinity
- And finally the difference between man, masculinity, and manliness
Let’s not take for granted how incredible this moment is, that we get to learn about masculinity from men whose names will stand the test of time.
I’ve learned so much from Ryan, and will continue to. I know other men have as well.
And soon I think America will too.
Follow Ryan on Instagram - Facebook - Twitter
Order of Man on YouTube
Order of Man Podcast on Apple, Spotify
"Landscape With the Fall of Icarus"
Shawn T. Smith
THE 21 CONVENTION:
Use discount code WILLS25 for 25% off any ticket:
21 Summit – access all 3 conferences
21Convention – about men and masculinity
21Patriarch’s – for husbands and fathers
22Convention – “Make women great again”
FOLLOW US ON THE SOCIALS